Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bah, Humbug!



I'm writing this as I wait patiently for the tech person to pick up the line to hopefully guide me to the reason this wonderfully technological devise isn't working. It's a digital photo frame and, of course, it won't repeat the slideshow when it reaches the end. I'm the first to tell you how much I enjoy technology, but when it doesn't work correctly… well let's just say the idea of tossing it out the window is very appealing!

Oops, here's the tech.

Great! After being put on hold several times to try and figure out the problem, she told me it's defective and it should be returned! It's a Christmas gift and there's no way this will all get done in the 10 days we have left. Crap!

So I hang up the phone and try it one more time before giving up. When I turned it on again, I noticed there was a couple photos still showing up that I had removed a little while ago. How can that happen?

It was like a hand slapping to my head. I have to empty the trash or the memory card still thinks the photos are in there. When I did that, it worked perfectly. Yay!

Moral of the story: keeping trying until every possible outlet has been used.

That, and in my case, always allow for operator error!

3 comments:

Cat said...

Operator error is usually what's wrong with all my stuff.
Just finished "Despite Them" and I absolutely LOVED it! I didn't want it to end, I forced myself to read really slowly after the midway point so that I could make it last. Congrats on a treasure of a book!

Mary Duncan said...

I'm usually better with technology, but this one stumped me! Stupidly simple isn't what I'm used to.

So happy you enjoyed Despite Them! I'm really looking forward to getting the Eyes of Garnet series republished on CreateSpace, now that I've fired my old publisher for nonpayment. Then I can finish writing the next Macgregor adventure.

Unknown said...

hi mary