Friday, May 8, 2009

Excerpts from Despite Them

The signing season is upon me. I have a multi-author Mother's Day event at the Fertile Mind Bookstore in Belfast, Maine tonight. I'll be with Susan Vaughan and Janet Chapman. We've all got new books just out and hope to have a good crowd. If nothing else, we'll have a blast!

This week, I'm posting the first three chapters of my next book, Despite Them. This is Gregor Macgregor's story of how he came to be. After playing such a large role in Double Vision, he seemed the next logical step to take for another book.

I've written it in the first person from his perspective, something more challenging than I thought it would be, though I feel like I know him better because of it.

I must advise you, though. This story is gritty, graphic and a bit twisted, so for those who might be a bit squeamish … well, I've warned you.

It's a story a man would enjoy, I think. And for those women out there who like in-your-face novels the likes of J.A. Konrath's "Jack Daniels" series, Tess Gerritsen's novels, and Patricia Cornwell's "Kay Scarpetta" stories, you'll probably enjoy this tale.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.eyesofgarnet.com/despitethemexcerpts.html


No comments: